RFID wiz blinks blue

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Tom_d

RFID wiz blinks blue

Post by Tom_d »

Hi there, I just got a RFID wiz kit here and I plug it in and it blinks green and then I get a quick blue blink, and when I press train it blinks green and then I get a blue blink but it doesn't click or give me any indication that it's working at all and it does not seem to be training. Does anybody know what this blue blink means? I've also reached out to RFID wiz support. The cable seems secure to the reader.

mikeysklar

Re: RFID wiz blinks blue

Post by mikeysklar »

Are you holding the tag over the red PCB reader while pressing the train button?
Training a tag on the RFID WIZ couldn't be easier. Simply hold the tag over the red reader board and press the "Train" button.

You'll see the Status light flash green, and you'll see the green LED by the Relay light up as well. This will stay lit until you remove the tag. The green LED displays the state of the relay and 5v logic output. You'll also hear the click of the relay when it changes state.
I don't see documentation on what the BLUE LED means either.

Can you post a photo of your setup? Make sure nothing else is connected right now just the white and red PCBs from the RFID WIZ kit.

Tom_d

Re: RFID wiz blinks blue

Post by Tom_d »

Had to return it. Something w the voltage on the reader. Replacement works like a champ.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”