unable to load sketch with circuitpython installed

Adafruit's tiny microcontroller platform. Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
marklb

unable to load sketch with circuitpython installed

Post by marklb »

I am trying to install an Arduino sketch on a Trinket MO that currently has circuitpython installed. The Arduino IDE fails to program the trinket and displays the following error messages:

Sketch uses 11094 bytes (34%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32256 bytes.
Global variables use 594 bytes (29%) of dynamic memory, leaving 1454 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2048 bytes.
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00

I am able to get into the bootloader and there is a trinketboot drive displayed. Also the IDE did identify the board as a Trinket MO (samd).

I know this worked at least once before. After receiving the trinket I was able to overwrite circuitpython with a sketch without any problems. I then reloaded the latest circuitpython to do some additional test and I have not been able to upload a sketch since.

The only other thing I can think of is that I attempted to load a mpy library that was too large for the trinket. I ended up reloading circuitpython and removing the library but unfortunately it did not help.

Thanks for any help.
Mark

adafruit_support_carter

Re: unable to load sketch with circuitpython installed

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

Looks like you are selecting the older Trinket board in the Arduino IDE. Be sure to select the Trinket M0 found under the Adafruit SAMD entry:
https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-tri ... rduino-ide

marklb

Re: unable to load sketch with circuitpython installed

Post by marklb »

Thank you. That was the issue.
I apologize for not responding sooner. For some reason I never received a notification that a response was posted.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Trinket ATTiny, Trinket M0”