Huzzah 32 Disconnected from Adafruit IO

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Tkall

Huzzah 32 Disconnected from Adafruit IO

Post by Tkall »

I have been using a HuzzahESP8266 with a temperature and humidity sensor for quite some time with no problems. I could easily log into my Adafruit account with my phone and check the temperature and humidity level in my guitar room. A few months ago I looked at the dashboard and there was no data. I did not change, modify or alter the functional code or wiring in any way. My network ID and password have not changed. The serial monitor reports "Disconnected from Adafruit IO." I did not make any changes to my dashboard, feeds or any other configuration, it just stopped working.
If I reset the huzzah8266, I receive, at first, a "Network disconnected" which goes away in a few seconds and is replace with the "Disconnected from Adafruit IO" message.

I generated a new key and tried that but that did not work. I would appreciate any help you coud provide to get this up and running again.
I just installed the new(?) firmware. Still not seeing anything on the dashboard.
Thanks.

brubell
Learn User Page

Re: Huzzah 32 Disconnected from Adafruit IO

Post by brubell »

I generated a new key and tried that but that did not work. I would appreciate any help you coud provide to get this up and running again.
I just installed the new(?) firmware. Still not seeing anything on the dashboard.
Thanks.
Hi, are you using the Adafruit IO WipperSnapper firmware on the Huzzah ESP8266, or something else?

Tkall

Post by Tkall »

Thank you for your reply.
Initially, I was just using one of the examples and adafruit libraries. This worked perfectly for about a year. Recently I installed the whippersnapper firmware. I can see on the monitor that the module connects and disconnect within a few minutes but there is no data displayed on any dashboard. Data is set for once every two minutes. The devices page that shows the pretty picture of the 8266 only shows offline. If I click on devices, there is no device option for the dht22 sensor. Dude, I'm stumped.

brubell
Learn User Page

Post by brubell »

there is no device option for the dht22 sensor.
We don't presently support the DHT22 in WipperSnapper due to its strict timing requirements. We suggest using a more modern inexpensive temp/humid sensor such as the AHT20, which is compatible with WipperSnapper, https://www.adafruit.com/product/4566
The devices page that shows the pretty picture of the 8266 only shows offline.
Do you have the Arduino IDE installed? Could you open a serial monitor and copy and paste the output to this thread?

yaaraaja4

Post by yaaraaja4 »

If you think there may be a device limit, test it using command line utilities on other platforms.

Tkall

Post by Tkall »

yaaraaja4 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:33 am If you think there may be a device limit, test it using command line utilities on other platforms.
I don’t understand what you mean.

brubell
Learn User Page

Post by brubell »

Do you have the Arduino IDE installed? Could you open a serial monitor and copy and paste the output to this thread?

Tkall

Post by Tkall »

This is all it does:

Code: Select all

Network disconnected.
Network disconnected.
Network disconnected.
Network disconnected.
Network disconnected.
Network disconnected.
Network disconnected.
Network disconnected.
Network disconnected.
Network disconnected.
Disconnected from Adafruit IO.

Tkall

Post by Tkall »

Any idea about the serial monitor data?

brubell
Learn User Page

Post by brubell »

Could you try re-installing WipperSnapper firmware on the ESP8266. We've done a significant amount of updates in Beta 56.

Tkall

Post by Tkall »

Yes, I will try that. But, I don’t think whipper snapper was installed on the 8266 previously. It just worked. Then, it just stopped working.

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”