Hows my wiring diagram look

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
nekollx

Hows my wiring diagram look

Post by nekollx »

Been tinkering with this project for some time. It's pretty simple. 3 buttons. 3 sounds bites. Each button also triggers a different sequence of light flashes. But i want it to have an internal battery (the Lipo) while also being able to charge the lipo from a solar cell or via USB. Does my diagram look okay or are their glaring problems?
titanium programming sm.png
titanium programming sm.png (396.58 KiB) Viewed 107 times
All parts but the solar cells are from adafruit.

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Hows my wiring diagram look

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

You can't connect a solar cell directly like that. It can damage the LiPo.

You need a charge controller like this one:
https://www.adafruit.com/product/4755

nekollx

Post by nekollx »

i had a theory i needed something for the solar, the rest of the wiring look good?
titanium programming sm.png
titanium programming sm.png (636.28 KiB) Viewed 95 times

adafruit_support_bill

What is the voltage rating of your solar panel? The bq24074 is designed for panels in the 6v-10v range.

There are several problems with your wiring to the pixels.
1 - You have no ground connection from the Trinket.
2 - You have 5v running to the signal input. Signal input needs to be from a GPIO pin.
3 - You have pins 0, 1 and 2 feeding the power input. Power input should be from the 5v pin.
4 - You are shorting together pins 0, 1 & 2, so they won't work for the buttons either.

Please review this guide for details on using Neopixels: https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-neopixel-uberguide

nekollx

Post by nekollx »

yeah for (4) that's just me using short hand as i know where they need to go but just a bit short on trying to figure out how to give them individual ground/line without a breadboard. Like i know the buttons should be sharing the same ground from the sound board but I'm not sure of the best practice to get them ground same with the trinket and power. I want to trigger 3 distinct sounds and they in turn trigger different light sequences to in the same pixels. And i've gotten it to work via a break board but for this project I'm building a custom enclosure so a bread board would be too much bulk so i keep spinning my wheels trying to solve it.

As for the solar cells currently I'm protoyping with these https://a.co/d/gTu0qAk because ther the smaest ive found. as the space i have for the solar cells is only about 1 inch square but i cant find any cells about the size you find on a calculator. I'm not really concerned about them giving a lot of power its more thematic to the bild as the prop im replicating has Faux solar cells so i though it be cool if there was real if not every powerful cells there that can actually chage the device while its sitting their all day on your wrist. Its proving to me a major hassle and ill probably drop it for the prtotype but i want to have the function there for the future. IUts the same reason ive left the other side of the sound board free. Later revision i want to add a volume rocker. And evel later projects that build off this core will have additional features so im trying to keep everything clean and compact for future projects to expand from.

adafruit_support_bill

Regarding the pixel wiring: There are tons of examples showing how to do it in the Learning System.

As for the solar cell - it is not possible to charge a LiPo with a 1v solar cell. The charge controller requires a minimum of 4.3v.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”