Adafruit Audio FX Sound Board - WAV/OGG Trigger with 16MB Flash Not Showing up on computer

For Adafruit customers who seek help with microcontrollers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Arcturus999

Adafruit Audio FX Sound Board - WAV/OGG Trigger with 16MB Flash Not Showing up on computer

Post by Arcturus999 »

I bought the board about 3 weeks ago and it has worked multiple times in the past however now upon plugging it in with the same usb cable it doesn't show up in File explorer on windows nor finder on a mac. The Green light comes on each and every time. Keep in mind this is the same computer and same usb cable.

mikeysklar

Re: Adafruit Audio FX Sound Board - WAV/OGG Trigger with 16MB Flash Not Showing up on computer

Post by mikeysklar »

Did you upgrade to MacOS Ventura since the board had been working? There is a fake USB drive mounting issue that could be the culprit.
The new macOS release 13.0 (Ventura), has trouble uploading files to “fake” USB drives that are used for firmware updates on microcontroller boards. These fake USB drives are presented by UF2 bootloaders and also ARMmbed DAPlink bootloaders. UF2 bootloaders take .uf2 files and are used on Adafruit boards, Raspberry Pi Pico boards, and many other manufacturer’s boards. ARMmbed DAPlink takes .hex files and is used on the micro:bit and other boards.

The problem is in the macOS Finder. Dragging a firmware file to the drive produces “error code 100093”. This error apparently occurs because the Finder is trying to copy extended attributes to the drive.
https://blog.adafruit.com/2022/10/31/up ... uitpython/

Do you have another machine you can try it on (earlier MacOS or Win/Linux/Pi/etc.)

Arcturus999

Re: Adafruit Audio FX Sound Board - WAV/OGG Trigger with 16MB Flash Not Showing up on computer

Post by Arcturus999 »

I have tried it on my school pc, home pc, mom's mac, and a friend's mac. I'm not sure if they had the most updated software but that shouldn't affect it on a pc. The green light still comes on too which is weird because it doesn't show up anywhere in file explorer or finder.

Arcturus999

Post by Arcturus999 »

It is with great sorrow I inform you that I accidentally got some solder on a part of the board causing it to short. It’s not under warranty anymore so I’ll have to get a new one. Thanks though, you guys have awesome and super responsive customer service.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Microcontrollers”