Stepper/MotorKit question

CircuitPython on hardware including Adafruit's boards, and CircuitPython libraries using Blinka on host computers.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
forum_questions_1

Stepper/MotorKit question

Post by forum_questions_1 »

Hi, I am using a S3 Feather with a DC Motor + Stepper Add-On.

I am trying to change the parameters (pwm_frequency and steppers_microsteps) in code, depending upon motions with a Wii joystick. I am using if statements to match the joystick position to the motor (e.g. if x axis joystick position = 255, motor action is microsteps, if y axis joystick position is 255, motor action is interleave).

I have been trying to alter the pwm_frequency and steppers_microsteps properties further down in the code (after creating the MotorKit instance) but I can't figure out how to do it.

This is how I set up the instance of the MotorKit at the beginning (I get an error if I try to include pwm_frequency so I deleted it. steppers_microsteps changes work, e.g. change to 4, 8, 16):
i2c_bus = board.I2C()
kit = MotorKit(i2c=i2c_bus, steppers_microsteps=16)

Further down in the program, here is how I am trying to change steppers_microsteps and pwm to respond to an if statement:

elif y == 255:
steppers_microsteps=64
pwm_frequency=1400
kit.stepper2.onestep(direction=stepper.FORWARD, style=stepper.MICROSTEP)
time.sleep(0)

Is it possible to change the microsteps like this? I do not get an error from the elif above, but changing the numbers (microsteps and frequency) has no effect. Thank you!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Adafruit CircuitPython”