Mini GIF Player: New GIF upload possible?

Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
CmdrVimes

Mini GIF Player: New GIF upload possible?

Post by CmdrVimes »

I have successfully built several Mini GIF Players by following: https://learn.adafruit.com/mini-gif-players.

When I compile the sketch to the Feather RP2040, the GIF that I have loaded prior to deploying the sketch runs perfectly.

My question is: Is there a way to allow for the uploading of new GIFs once the sketch is successfully deployed?

In my environment, when I plug the USB cable back into the Feather RP2040 after the sketch is loaded and running, the RP2040 does not show up as a filesystem on my Mac anymore.

I am planning on giving these players as gifts, and I'd like the recipients to be able to upload there own GIFs to the player.

mikeysklar

Re: Mini GIF Player: New GIF upload possible?

Post by mikeysklar »

Cool gift idea.

It is necessary repeat the cycle of re-install circuitpython, copy new GIF and re-upload arduino code.

CmdrVimes

Post by CmdrVimes »

Thanks for the reply @mikeysklar.

So, if a kiddo wanted a new set of GIFs installed, the player would have to sent back to me for "depot maintenance."

Good to understand how it must be done. This just means, I have to choose the first GIFs very carefully. ;)

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

Yeah, choose wisely.

The boards would have to through the tedious reprogramming process to make CIRCUITPY accessible using the stock code.

Now the mini-gif player code could be modified to select specific images. Right now it scans the directory of GIFs to decide which one to play. You could customize that or even add a button to scroll between GIFs.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Feather - Adafruit's lightweight platform”