data logging with Metro Mini

Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
earthres

data logging with Metro Mini

Post by earthres »

I have previously lamented the lack of a data logging shield for the Metro Mini, which is a really nice UNO-compatible board. It's much smaller than an UNO, but the pins are lined up in the same order. There are, in fact, RTC+SD card modules available online that can easily work for data logging with Metro Minis. The SPI pins on the module shown in the image line up with digital pins 10-13 on the Metro Mini (or on an UNO as well). With this module, the Metro Mini (less expensive than an UNO-compatible Metro) is a great option for data logging! As far as I know, Adafruit doesn't have a module like the one shown in the image.
Figure_9.7.jpg
Figure_9.7.jpg (110.45 KiB) Viewed 77 times

bidrohini

Re: data logging with Metro Mini

Post by bidrohini »

Hope adafruit will consider developing such a module.

earthres

Re: data logging with Metro Mini

Post by earthres »

First of all, please note that I'm a HUGE Adafruit fan and this post is SUPPOSED to be constructive. These RTC/SD modules are "o f f s h o r e" products. I'm spacing the word in quotes because the last time I used this word in reference to a sensor, Adafruit refused the post and I'm hoping that won't happen again. Enterprising vendors have, for example, provided data logging shields for Nanos. Perhaps that particular device wouldn't be of interest to Adafruit, but a data logging shield for their VERY nice Metro Mini, which functions just like an UNO and even costs less than many "off..." UNO compatibles ($21 from one vendor I sometimes use), is certainly a good idea and should be trivial to develop.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Metro, Metro Express, and Grand Central Boards”