ItsyBitsy M0 no longer working

Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
IanLukeFinley

ItsyBitsy M0 no longer working

Post by IanLukeFinley »

Hey there wonderful community!

I have an ItsyBitsy M0 Express, that I used about a month back. But in hooking it up yesterday to reprogram, it is no longer generating a COM port, so the Arduino IDE won't talk to it.

I know the USB cable and port work, because I can plug in my Metro Express and it works just fine. But, when I connect the ItsyBitsy, I get a Windows message that "USB Device not recognized," and then there is no COM port in the Arduino IDE, either in the automatic dropdown or when I select the ItsyBitsy directly from the "Select Other Board and Port" menu.

I wonder if the trouble is that I just updated to the Arduino IDE version 2.0.3, so perhaps I should post this in the Arduino forums as well?

Finally, I am using Windows 11 Home, on an Alienwaer x17 R2. Nothing unusual or fancy about the setup.

Any guidance would be appreciated, and thank you again for your support of this great product!

I am including a picture here of my previous ItsyBitsy project, because it's cool.
Attachments
unnamed.jpg
unnamed.jpg (206.6 KiB) Viewed 178 times

Franklin97355

Re: ItsyBitsy M0 no longer working

Post by Franklin97355 »

If Windows does not see the USB Device then software won't either. The problem is between windows and the itsybitsy not arduino. I don't know of a fix but I will ask.

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

check the https://learn.adafruit.com/introducing- ... tsy-m0/faq
Ack! I "did something" and now when I plug in the Itsy/Feather, it doesn't show up as a device anymore so I cant upload to it or fix it...

IanLukeFinley

Post by IanLukeFinley »

adafruit2 wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 7:25 pm check the https://learn.adafruit.com/introducing- ... tsy-m0/faq
Ack! I "did something" and now when I plug in the Itsy/Feather, it doesn't show up as a device anymore so I cant upload to it or fix it...
This certainly looks like the issue I'm dealing with, but when I follow the steps in that article, verbose does not produce a list of attempted COM ports (see image), and double clicking the reset doesn't activate the red LED or put it into bootloader mode (although I do get the "USB Device Not Recognized" Windows alert, so the reset is happening).

Any other process I could try?

ItsyBitsy1.png
ItsyBitsy1.png (150.68 KiB) Viewed 155 times

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

maybe try some other USB cables? doubleclicking should def get you into bootloader mode, unless it somehow got damaged :/

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

Also make sure you have verbose on the uploading too.

IanLukeFinley

Post by IanLukeFinley »

adafruit2 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:21 pm maybe try some other USB cables? doubleclicking should def get you into bootloader mode, unless it somehow got damaged :/
Cables are just evil. The cable I was using worked just fine with my Metro board, but turns out it was the issue with the ItsyBitsy. Used another cable, and the bootloader trick worked. Thank you all for your patience and help, I'm so excited to finish out this project this weekend!

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

woohoo!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Itsy Bitsy Boards”