Pico H - Possible DOA

For Adafruit customers who seek help with microcontrollers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Ejacomet

Pico H - Possible DOA

Post by Ejacomet »

Howdy! I'm a first-time customer, and I'm *real* sorry to already be a pain about something, but I just received the component, and it's doing absolutely nothing -- no LED, not showing up in either my Windows 10 laptop, nor in my desktop Pi. I've tried holding the bootloader button when plugging into these devices, as well as not, to no avail. I've tried three different cables I know to be reliable and built for data transfer. I'm wondering if there's anything else I can try? I've already put in an order for a second unit as a replacement, but I'd still love to get this one working -- I'm chomping at the bit to start playing around with physical computing.

Thanks ahead of time!

mikeysklar

Re: Pico H - Possible DOA

Post by mikeysklar »

It sounds as though you have already tried the necessary steps to get a basic LED to come one. Known good cables and two different machines.

Can you post a photo of the Pico top and bottom? Maybe there is something off about the assembly. We will probably need to replace this one for you. We can do a credit if you like since you already ordered a second.

Ejacomet

Re: Pico H - Possible DOA

Post by Ejacomet »

I booted up my laptop this morning, with everything still connected, and suddenly it's working fine 🙃

Thanks for being willing to help. I'm honestly quite glad I've ordered a second unit, 'cause I'm already in love!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Microcontrollers”