Dragging UF2 over CPLAYBTBOOT does nothing

Play with it! Please tell us which board you're using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
coolchisel

Dragging UF2 over CPLAYBTBOOT does nothing

Post by coolchisel »

Hi,

I'm having issues with getting UF2 files generated in Makecode loaded in my Circuit Playground Bluefruit.
Previously I've installed circuitpython and have enjoyed playing around with code.py setup.

It appears that I need to switch bootloader to get Makecode files to recognize, so I was trying to update the bootloader.
I got into the same issue here, that I can copy UF2 bootloader over to the 'CPLAYBTBOOT' drive, (Yes, Neopixel turning all green) but nothing happens.
I've downloaded this file as well.
update-bootloader-circuitplay_m0-v3.14.0.uf2
viewtopic.php?p=945171#p945171

From many videos I've seen, simply copying UF2 over to the CPB should instantly initiate flashing, but in my case, it just acts as a USB thumb drive. Tried on two different windows 10 machines and Macbook, but the same result, feel like it has something to do with the CPB itself.

Can anyone help out with this? I've been searching and troubleshooting this over 2 hours!
Of if anyone knows how to factory reset CPB, that would be great. (regretting that I had installed circuit python in the first place, if that's what's causing this)

Many thanks,
J

coolchisel

Re: Dragging UF2 over CPLAYBTBOOT does nothing

Post by coolchisel »

I just learned that Circuit Playground Bluetooth is not supporting MakeCode UF2 files.

However, I tried the UF2 downloaded from the Maker version of MakeCode https://maker.makecode.com with the CPB library, dragged over to CPLAYBTBOOT and it works nicely.

thanks!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Circuit Playground Classic, Circuit Playground Express, Circuit Playground Bluefruit”