Uncanny Eyes Custom Work

For other supported Arduino products from Adafruit: Shields, accessories, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
nickscott

Uncanny Eyes Custom Work

Post by nickscott »

Hi there,
I am new to the forum but about 4 years ago I created a Mona Lisa painting with eyes that moved using the Original Uncanny Eyes tutorial. This was using a teensy 3.2. I had a friend of mine create a custom Arduino interface to the teensy that basically allowed me to control the eyes over HTTP commands. This allowed me to replicated the following
Eyes Closed
Eyes Open
Blink Once
Blink Twice
Follow a pre determined pattern of eye movements that used letters on the picture frame around her to spell out a sentence.
Unfortunately, the eyes have becomes somewhat temperamental recently. The screens had dead pixels and often only one eye would work. I replaced the screens but still its hit or miss if both eyes work. If I reboot the teensy then both eyes boot up and work but at some point the left eye stops working until rebooting. I am worried that it will just die soon.
I was hoping to just replace the teensy 3.2 incase it was developing a fault but it appears that there are no teensy 3.2 boards left in the world lol. I am no longer in touch with the guy that made the Arduino interface so I need to rework this into something I can build and replace myself.
I was wondering if anybody had the ability to add code to the Uncanny Eyes program to allow me to rebuild the whole setup using a newer teensy and have the teensy itself connected to the network and be controlled by http commands instead of having to use the Arduino as an input. I would be happy to pay for the time involved in this. I would only need the coding as I am capable of doing the rest myself.
Thanks in advance, I really need to get this sorted ASAP please :)

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Uncanny Eyes Custom Work

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

You may want to post this on the Jobs board: https://jobs.adafruit.com/

michaelmeissner

Re: Uncanny Eyes Custom Work

Post by michaelmeissner »

Over at the PJRC.com forum (native forum for Teensys), we are having a spirited discussion about modifying the new generation of eye code for Teensy 4.1 and 4.0's to incorporate the newer code that Paint Your Dragon wrote when they/he/she moved from Teensy's to Hallowing M4's and Monster M4SKs, as well as DMA improvements made for the 2 main 240x240 displays (round GC9A01A and square ST7789). Chris Miller is doing the heavy work at present of going into the eye logic, etc.

In the last few days, Chris added support for the Person Sensor from Useful Sensors and distributed by Sparkfun. This is an I2C device that can locate up to 15 people or so, and roughly track where they are moving.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Arduino products from Adafruit”