nRF51822 BLE sniffer device not recognized

For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
pgoodner

nRF51822 BLE sniffer device not recognized

Post by pgoodner »

I bought qty 3 of nRF51822 BLE sniffer USB devices and after installing the correct driver when I plugged in the first one it says device not recognized. When I plug in the second one it works fine with Wireshark and I also have another nRF51822 that was purchased awhile ago which works fine on my PC. The nRF51822 that is not recognized shows no LEDs lit and I also double checked the onboard switch is set the same on all my sniffer devices. I think I just got a defective device, but am open to any troubleshooting steps you may recommend before returning this device.

Paul

adafruit_support_carter

Re: nRF51822 BLE sniffer device not recognized

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

Just to verify the product, you are using these?
https://www.adafruit.com/product/2269

What about the 3rd one in the batch? You mention the 2nd working. Is the issue with just 1 of the 3?

bachmann1234

Re: nRF51822 BLE sniffer device not recognized

Post by bachmann1234 »

Hi, sorry to jump on an existing issue but it seems too similar to be a coincidence given the date.

I just received one of these as well (order 2987673-1595660334). No LED comes on when I plug it in. I have attempted the setup on both a mac (OSX 12.7.2 Intel mac) and a PC (windows 11 home) and neither case can I get the device recognized after installing the VCP drivers per the guide (https://learn.adafruit.com/introducing- ... nd-python3)

Wanted to listen in to see if there are any debugging steps I can try. I did not see anything in the FAQ that would help.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wireless: WiFi and Bluetooth”