Neo Trinkey - any way to make appear as an RNDIS network device?

Adafruit's tiny microcontroller platform. Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
x_it_all

Neo Trinkey - any way to make appear as an RNDIS network device?

Post by x_it_all »

I'd like to have my Trinkey Neo act as an independent status device. It can't right now because it doesn't have a network stack to get anywhere. This means that there has to be some host program around to treat it as a peripheral.

Is there any sample that uses TinyUSB or some other library to make the SAMD21 Neo Trinkey appear as a USB RNDIS adapter network like can be done on the Raspberry Pi Zero in gadget mode? It looks like TinyUSB may have the functionality but I don't understand how to expose it.

x_it_all

Re: Neo Trinkey - any way to make appear as an RNDIS network device?

Post by x_it_all »

I misread the forum name "Trinket" as "Trinkey" and am not sure where the post should have been made.

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

RNDIS is a proprietary protocol, so I don't know if it's possible to find non-Microsoft code to support it.

I'm reasonably confident the hardware can handle RNDIS, but you'll probably have to program it using Microchip Studio or some IDE Microsoft has chosen to support.

x_it_all

Post by x_it_all »

Thanks for the reply.

The raspberry pi gadget driver is network over serial which shows up as RNDIS on Windows and on Mac.

There is a Micropython support for that on a fork somewhere. There are some pages that say TinyUSB supports the network USB profile but I think it was on some of the forks.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Trinket ATTiny, Trinket M0”