Credit Card Authorization Error

Play with it! Please tell us which board you're using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
DevonPawlak_26

Credit Card Authorization Error

Post by DevonPawlak_26 »

Hi, I've been looking to purchase a Circuit Playground as required for a computer science class. I am purchasing direct from the adafruit website. However, each time I attempt to submit the order, the following error message appears:

"Your credit card could not be authorized. Please correct the information and try again or contact [email protected] for further assistance."

I have used several different methods to ensure my information is correct, including manually entering my information and using Google auto-fill. I have also entered two other cards from different banks, which generate the same message when attempted. What should I do? Thank you.

bidrohini

Re: Credit Card Authorization Error

Post by bidrohini »

This message usually appears when the card cannot be used for international use. I faced the same problem while trying to purchase something from some other international websites. The reason was that my card was only for purchases within my country. Can you use the same cards to purchase from other websites? If not, I think you have to contact your bank's customer care service. If the problem is occurring with Adafruit only, let's see what they have to say regarding this. You can also mail to: [email protected]

DevonPawlak_26

Post by DevonPawlak_26 »

Thank you! That is likely the problem. Both cards are from military-affiliated banks. I have another way to get the product, but it's more expensive. Adafruit gave me the rather unhelpful answer of asking my bank about it.

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

The charge authorization is entirely up to your credit card company. Fraud-prevention policies differ from bank to bank and we have no visibility or control over that. We submit the purchase amount and the information you provide and they only tell us yes or no.

Many credit card companies require prior notification if you plan to use your card internationally. If you contact them and tell them what you plan to do, they will likely allow authorization for that case.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Circuit Playground Classic, Circuit Playground Express, Circuit Playground Bluefruit”