Quick 957DW+ Heater

Chat about pick and place machines, reflow ovens, assembly techniques and other SMT tips & trix

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
AVLWidget

Quick 957DW+ Heater

Post by AVLWidget »

Howdy,

I have a quick 957DW+ I purchased from Adafruit. It's starting to have the dreaded slow to heat up issue I see mentioned on the web. That means it needs a new heater element. Does Adafruit have them (I can't find it on the site) or a commendation to a reputable 110V part?

To be clear I've had this maybe 3 or 4 years. It worked fine most of that time and has gotten a lot of use so I don't see this as defective. Reading the web it seems these heaters wear out every few years and need replacing but the only heaters I can find on line are from random unknown companies so I would prefer to get it from a reputable source.

adafruit_support_carter

Re: Quick 957DW+ Heater

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

Turns out we could get some of these from Quick. They are now in the shop:
https://www.adafruit.com/product/5655

AVLWidget

Post by AVLWidget »

adafruit_support_carter wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:33 pm Turns out we could get some of these from Quick. They are now in the shop:
https://www.adafruit.com/product/5655
Great! Thanx. I feel much better getting this from you than an unknown generic FleaBay item.
Will get this on order later this week.
Does Digikey also have it for you since I order from them weekly.

adafruit_support_carter

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

Not at this time. As a first pass, only a small quantity has been put in inventory available through the Adafruit shop.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “SMT (Surface Mount Tech)”