Feed Data Reset

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
savageman

Feed Data Reset

Post by savageman »

My feed data has stopped feeding on mu IO+ account. Is there a way to reset or delete old data in order to capture recent data feed. Thanks in advance. Doug Wheeler

brubell
Learn User Page

Re: Feed Data Reset

Post by brubell »

Could you please file this over on https://io.adafruit.com/support as it will go through our account support channel instead of a public forum?

ellisob

Post by ellisob »

I, too, am looking for a way to delete, or clear large amounts of old feed data. Deleting them one-by-one is not very practical.

brubell
Learn User Page

Post by brubell »

It is as expensive for us to delete data as it is to save data. So, when a user deletes data, it counts against the throttle rate. It's complex!

The recommended approach is to currently delete an entire feed and re-create it with the same name as it will dissociate the feed and data (until we find out a better way to do this).

ellisob

Post by ellisob »

Super! This will work fine for me, thank you!

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”