SleepMemory on Pico?

CircuitPython on hardware including Adafruit's boards, and CircuitPython libraries using Blinka on host computers.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
BooleanMattock

SleepMemory on Pico?

Post by BooleanMattock »

Continued thanks to all the folks on this forum who are so responsive and helpful, most appreciated.

Just a simple question - is there any chance of getting alarms.sleep_memory implemented on the Raspberry Pi Pico?

bidrohini

Re: SleepMemory on Pico?

Post by bidrohini »

It is possible to implement the alarms.sleep_memory function on the Raspberry Pi Pico, but it would likely require writing custom code to interface with the Pico's hardware. The Pico uses a different microcontroller than the standard Raspberry Pi, so the exact implementation details would depend on the specific libraries and programming languages in use.

BooleanMattock

Post by BooleanMattock »

bidrohini wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:07 am It is possible to implement the alarms.sleep_memory function on the Raspberry Pi Pico, but it would likely require writing custom code to interface with the Pico's hardware. The Pico uses a different microcontroller than the standard Raspberry Pi, so the exact implementation details would depend on the specific libraries and programming languages in use.
I'm sure you're right, but since the RP2040 is in widespread use, presumably similar code could be used for other boards using the same processor.
In DORMANT mode, the RP2040 preserves static RAM contents, so I assume it's just a matter of reserving a small dedicated area of RAM that is not initialized on an alarm-restart.

BooleanMattock

Post by BooleanMattock »

OK, maybe I should just try to implement it myself.

Can anyone point me to the code I'd need to modify?

Many thanks.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Adafruit CircuitPython”