Peltier Thermo-Electric Cooler Module+Heatsink Assembly - 12V 5A -- PN: 1335

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
bigpahparay

Peltier Thermo-Electric Cooler Module+Heatsink Assembly - 12V 5A -- PN: 1335

Post by bigpahparay »

Hey Adafruit!

Just wanted to provide some feedback. I've purchased (no joke) about 100 of these things. This is the first time I've encountered this. Not a deal breaker, just wanted to provide feedback in case it helps keep the quality of products high.

Also, I miss the old screws, it was SO much cleaner!
Regardless, thanks for providing such a great product. Love all that you do, products, projects, and all.

Thanks,
Ray
Attachments
Alum_Plate_ProtFilm.jpg
Alum_Plate_ProtFilm.jpg (389.93 KiB) Viewed 57 times

adafruit_support_carter

Re: Peltier Thermo-Electric Cooler Module+Heatsink Assembly - 12V 5A -- PN: 1335

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

Sure, I'll pass this on. Can you provide more info about what's being shown in the photo? And just some general description of what's changed (like the screws) and not working, etc.

bigpahparay

Re: Peltier Thermo-Electric Cooler Module+Heatsink Assembly - 12V 5A -- PN: 1335

Post by bigpahparay »

Hello,

I'm really sorry for the delay. I completely forgot to check on this post until this morning. The blue tint you see in the photo is the protective film that was left on the aluminum plate.

The product usually arrives with the protective film on the exposed side of the aluminum plate but the unit in the photo had the protective film on BOTH sides of the plate, creating a barrier between the plate and the heatsink.

Like I said, this is a great product and I'm not unhappy with it, just wanted to provide feedback. Also, the comment on the changes was just that the original assembly had flat head screws mounting the plate and now they're using rounded head screws. The old flat head screws made the assembly look so much cleaner but that's just my opinion.

These assemblies always arrive working great.

Thanks!

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

ok thanks it sounds like a one-off failure during assembly = but let us know if you get more like this!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”