2.9" grayscale e-ink display DOA

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
reticulating_splines

2.9" grayscale e-ink display DOA

Post by reticulating_splines »

Hi there,

I feel a little silly posting this on the "tech support" forums, but I can't seem to find another route to contact Adafruit about this issue - I recently ordered a 2.9" e-ink display feather (#4777) and unfortunately it arrived with a portion of the screen cracked and beginning to separate from the PCB - pictures are attached.

I can't fault the packaging...it was wrapped tightly in a layer of bubblewrap as usual, and I've never had any other item arrive DOA from Adafruit, but unfortunately this guy's never going to display anything beyond its little demo screen. I hate to see the rest of the PCB go to waste, because I'm presuming the SRAM and SD card slot are perfectly fine, so if it's possible to simply replace the display itself, that would be my preferred route. I don't know what else I'd do with the board beyond...well yeah, ordering another lone display from DigiKey or something to plop onto it.

Let me know if you need any other information from me to handle this issue. Thanks!
Attachments
IMG_0461.png
IMG_0461.png (635.35 KiB) Viewed 31 times
IMG_0460.png
IMG_0460.png (669.65 KiB) Viewed 31 times

mikeysklar

Re: 2.9" grayscale e-ink display DOA

Post by mikeysklar »

Sorry to hear it arrived damaged.

Please contact [email protected] with this forum link as authorization for replacement. You will need to also provide them with your order#.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”