nrf52 with a hub75 matrix keeps resetting

Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Plantguy65

nrf52 with a hub75 matrix keeps resetting

Post by Plantguy65 »

I have a nRF5280 driving a hub 75 matrix. I also have an istyM4 doing a bunch of signal processing. It sends the results to the nRF52 using a 2 wire interface.
Here is the problem.
Everything works great if I tell protomatter that the matrix is 64columns or less.
If I tell it the matrix is larger. (The matrix is 192 columns. It's a repurposed flexible car sign) The nRF periodically acts like I pushed the reset button.
If I don't turn on the advertising for the bluetooth, I can run the 192 column matrix just fine. There is obviously some interaction between the bluetooth and the protomatter. I haven't been successful in getting far enough into the low level code to figure out what the problem is. This is also getting beyond my debug abilities.
A few details.
I'm using C with the arduino IDE. I had to edit the nrf52.h file that comes with the protomatter library. I had to add some NOP's to the clockHoldHigh and clockHoldLow to slow the clock down to the matrix. My large matrix can't take the high clock speed that some of my other (adafruit) matrices can take.
Any suggestions on how to resolve this conflict?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Itsy Bitsy Boards”