684, 0.96in OLED Display Module write to SD Card

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
UoGTFranklin

684, 0.96in OLED Display Module write to SD Card

Post by UoGTFranklin »

Good morning,

I am currently working with the Adafruit 684, OLED display and using a Sony Spresense Module with the standard Expansion Board. I have been able to successfully get an image to show on the screen using the test demo, as well as reading images stored on an SD card fitted to the PCB which holds the OLED display. For my project, I will take images using a camera and store on an SD card fitted to the Sony Spresnese Expansion board. Is there a way to send that via SPI to the display, I assume that it would be best to send a .BMP directly to the SD card for the display and to read from there in the standard way? Or preferably simply to send the .BMP directly to the display via the SPI?

Thanks

adafruit_support_carter

Re: 684, 0.96in OLED Display Module write to SD Card

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

There is an example of displaying a BMP stored on the SD card here:
https://learn.adafruit.com/096-mini-col ... BANNED-350184

UoGTFranklin

Post by UoGTFranklin »

Hi,

Thanks very much for your response, I have gone through this example previously and can get the image to show. But my .BMP is not normally stored on the SD card on the OLED PCB, there is another SD card on my Spresense Baseboard which is where the file is stored. So do I need to send my .BMP to the SD card on the OLED PCB from my baseboard, or can I just send the .BMP directly to the display?

Thanks

adafruit_support_carter

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

Change the code to use the other SD card. It'll share the main SPI pins, but will need it's own CS pin.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”