ESP32S2 TFT Feather

For Adafruit customers who seek help with microcontrollers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Fc3sunfire

ESP32S2 TFT Feather

Post by Fc3sunfire »

I purchased this on 1/25 and it appears DOA. I have used 2 different USB-C cables and tried connecting a battery as well all did not help. I am requesting ideally a new product, but would take a refund if no others exist
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (240.31 KiB) Viewed 128 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (266.38 KiB) Viewed 128 times

adafruit_support_carter

Re: ESP32S2 TFT Feather

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

What is your indication that is DOA? Have you tried programming it?

Fc3sunfire

Post by Fc3sunfire »

Yes. My indication is that it does not connect or show in the Arduino IDE. I have the correct ESP32 board and have the other version of this board that works perfectly. I tried 2 different USB-C cords to connect and no luck. It does not ever appear in the Ports section. I tried to press Reset on the board multiple times.

Please advise.

adafruit_support_carter

The guide for the reversed version of the ESP32-S2 TFT Feather is currently in works. That guide will have more details about getting the board setup, etc. It'll likely require some slightly different steps than the "other" (non-revered) ESP32-S2 TFT Feather.

For now, try holding the D0 button while pressing the Reset button. That should put the board in ROM bootloader mode. Nothing will show on the TFT, but you should hopefully see a COM port show up on your PC.

Fc3sunfire

Post by Fc3sunfire »

Worked great! Thanks, glad not really defective. Need anyone to test the new write-up for the board?

adafruit_support_carter

Glad it's working now. That process got it into ROM bootloader mode, which is a general fail safe fallback. And should always be able to get into that mode to recover from any weird state the board may get into. Next steps depend on how you want to program the board. That's the details the guide will cover.

I'll try and remember to post a link to the guide here when it goes live. All guides have a "feedback" link - look in the left hand navigation menu items. So definitely checkout the guide and use the feedback for anything. That way it'll go direct to the guide author(s).

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Microcontrollers”