OK to use Lipo USB charger in line with fuel gauge and device load?

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
jim_frankfort

OK to use Lipo USB charger in line with fuel gauge and device load?

Post by jim_frankfort »

Can the Adafruit Micro Lipo USB charger v2 be used in line with the Adafruit LC709203F fuel gauge and battery monitor and device load? I'm building a hand held device that will use an Adafruit battery and want the device to monitor the battery and when needed, be able to be charged via USB power source. Power requirements for the device are pretty low, but still TBD. I was hoping that Adafruit had a single board for this but was not able to find it. Please advise if using these two boards is the way to go or if you see a better approach. Thanks.....jim

dastels

Re: OK to use Lipo USB charger in line with fuel gauge and device load?

Post by dastels »

Yes, that's the purpose of the LC709203F. Connect it between the battery and whatever the battery would connect to if the LC709203F wasn't there. The battery connectors on the LC709203F are directly connected together so it's as if the LC709203F board isn't there as far as the battery connection is concerned.

Dave

jim_frankfort

Re: OK to use Lipo USB charger in line with fuel gauge and device load?

Post by jim_frankfort »

Thanks! I'm building something that is pretty compact so having these two boards combined into a single one would have been great.....but just having these boards is pretty terrific. Thx again

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”