Need help w/trinket pro 5v, power boost 1000c & lipo backpack

Adafruit's tiny microcontroller platform. Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
absolut311

Need help w/trinket pro 5v, power boost 1000c & lipo backpack

Post by absolut311 »

Hello all. I’m new to this and need assistance wiring together the following: trinket pro 5v, power boost 1000c & lipo backpack hooked up to neopixel led strip and/or neopixel rings.

I thought I had a tutorial when I first purchased everything but have been unable to locate it and could use some help or a point in the right direction. Any help is much appreciated.

dastels

Re: Need help w/trinket pro 5v, power boost 1000c & lipo backpack

Post by dastels »

You might have trouble using the TrinketPro. See the deprecation warning on the product page:
Deprecation Warning: The Pro Trinket bit-bang USB technique it uses doesn't work as well as it did in 2014, many modern computers won't work well. So while we still carry the Pro Trinket so that people can maintain some older projets, we no longer recommend it.
Why do you mention both the PowerBoost and the LiPo backpack? They mostly do the same thing: provide away to power from a LiPo and a way to recharge it by plugging in USB. Either use the powerboost and the 5v Trinker Pro, or the LiPo Backpack and the 3v Trinket Pro. Power the NeoPixels from 5v or 3.3v, respectively and connect the NeoPixel data input directly to the Trinket Pro pin you are using.

There are plenty of NeoPixel projects/tutorials. The PowerBoost and LiPo Backpack have their own tutorials linked from the respective product pages as well as there being projects that use them.

Dave

absolut311

Re: Need help w/trinket pro 5v, power boost 1000c & lipo backpack

Post by absolut311 »

Thank you for the information and quick response. For for whatever reason I thought the tutorial I seen had both of them installed on the trinket pro 5v but I could have been mistaken.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Trinket ATTiny, Trinket M0”