components for 5.0" 40-pin 800x480 TFT Display without Touchscreen

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Iffley88

components for 5.0" 40-pin 800x480 TFT Display without Touchscreen

Post by Iffley88 »

I'm looking for small monitors to display video, and am wondering if the TFT display is the right approach. What components aside from the display itself would be necessary in order to play video? Driver/Decoder? Raspberry Pi? Media player? How is the display powered?

My plan is the hang the monitors on the wall in a gallery, so I'm trying to figure out how many separate parts would be involved, and if it would mean running a lot of different cords through the space.

Franklin97355

Re: components for 5.0" 40-pin 800x480 TFT Display without Touchscreen

Post by Franklin97355 »

According to the product description:
"For that reason, we are carrying it as a companion to the Adafruit RA8875 driver board in the store, which is a chip that can handle the huge video RAM and timing requirements, all in the background. That's the best way to interface this display to just about any microcontroller (including Arduino & friends) If you want to control with from an HDMI or DVI output, check out our TFP401 driver board. If you are an advanced electronics enthusiast you can try wiring this directly to your processor, but it we don't have any support or tutorials for that purpose."
Perhaps someone in the forum has tried to experiment with it.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”