Can't find and don't know how to get drivers for Adafruit Trinket Pro

For Adafruit customers who seek help with microcontrollers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Doodpy

Can't find and don't know how to get drivers for Adafruit Trinket Pro

Post by Doodpy »

I have scoured the internet for the drivers but when I came across the official adafruit board drivers, I have no idea what I'm supposed to do. The instructions on how to download them were useless, as after I installed the drivers and tried to update the trinket in device manager, the drivers where nowhere to be seen. If anyone knows how to get the drivers for the trinket pro, please help.

dastels

Re: Can't find and don't know how to get drivers for Adafruit Trinket Pro

Post by dastels »

The Trinket Pro has been deprecated due to its bitbanged USB being unreliable (or just not functional) with USB on modern computers.

From the product page:
Deprecation Warning: The Pro Trinket bit-bang USB technique it uses doesn't work as well as it did in 2014, many modern computers won't work well. So while we still carry the Pro Trinket so that people can maintain some older projets, we no longer recommend it. Please check out the Metro Mini (ATmega328 @ 5V 16 MHz), ItsyBitsy 32u4 5V 16MHz, ItsyBitsy 32u4 @ 3.3V 8MHz or ItsyBitsy M0 @ 3V 48MHz. All have built-in USB and are comparable in price! The ItsyBitsy's especially are about the same size and have native USB and tons of pins, so they're a very close compatible.
Dave

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Microcontrollers”