Wrong size joystick cover

Play with it! Please tell us which board you're using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
araygilbert

Wrong size joystick cover

Post by araygilbert »

I placed an order for two small arcade joysticks ) among other items. It's an 8-way digital joystick Prod. ID # 480, that includes a red ball-top and a thin circular white cover plate, that's used to cover the exit hole of the joystick stem. The problem is that the the white cover plates for the two joysticks I ordered are different sizes, when the items should be identical. One has a 1 1/2" diameter, and the other has a 1 3/4" diameter. They should both have a diameter of 1 1/2". I would have even settled for the larger diameter as long as they were both the same. It detracts from my projects because it looks odd. How can I get a replacement cover of the correct diameter?

mikeysklar

Re: Wrong size joystick cover

Post by mikeysklar »

Please contact [email protected] to arrange for a replacement. Since this could be caused by a change in inventory try requesting the preferred size you wish to receive. You will need to provide your order# and a link to this forum thread as authorization.

araygilbert

Post by araygilbert »

After contacting [email protected] to report this problem with the joystick cover, as well as sending a photo as requested. I expected a replacement of the plastic cover was the simple and easy solution. Instead I was told that based on the photo there wasn't any defect, and that the size difference shouldn't affect the function. When actually the size difference is a defect, when one piece is a 1 1/2" diameter and the other one is 1 3/4". No it doesn't affect the function but it does greatly affect the appearance. I simply wanted two that matched as it should be, and as was expected when ordered. Quality should matter, and customer satisfaction should matter. But apparently that is not the case here! In the last couple of sentences in your "returns" statement it reads, "We're reasonable people and we hope you are too! Contact us if you have any issues and we'll do our best to help you out! Well you may as well delete that whole statement since there's no truth in it!

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

I agree with you that you should be able to of the same product ID# at the same time and get a matching pair.

I don’t have the authority to override [email protected], but if you can politely request a matching pair whether it be 1.5” or 1.75” they should be able to accommodate that.

araygilbert

Post by araygilbert »

Yes I have already done that after the initial post that you responded to. I included a link to that post, explained the problem and asked if someone could help me obtain a replacement. I stated a preference for the smaller size, but would settle for the larger, I just wanted two covers that matched. He responded and asked me to send a photo, in which I did, of the two covers side by side. The size difference was very obvious. But the response I got from this person then was that based on the photo there wasn't any defect. That variations can occur from their suppliers but it shouldn't affect the function. I made my project, paying attention not only to its function, but also to its appearance. And it does affect that! When I ordered two of the same item, I expect them to be the same, not two different sizes. You may not have the authority to override this "support" person and I don't know who does. But he doesn't appear to be very good at his job, unless his job is to provide as little support as possible. This is not my first purchase here, but after this, it will be my last.

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

I'll check in with a higher up to make a call on this. This is the first time I have seen a non-matching stock when bought together.

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

I have agreement from the engineering team to provide a matching cover plate.

What was your order#? I can contact support for you to make sure that you receive a cover plate that matches one of the two that you already have.

araygilbert

Post by araygilbert »

My order number was 2998373-5680140534. The product ID for the arcade joysticks was 480.

Thank you for your help,
araygilbert

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

Thank you for the info I’ve contacted support with your order# and made the request for another cover plate or full joystick if necessary to be sent to you.

araygilbert

Post by araygilbert »

Thank you

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Circuit Playground Classic, Circuit Playground Express, Circuit Playground Bluefruit”