how many feeds can be displayed in a dashboard?

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Ron_the_maker

how many feeds can be displayed in a dashboard?

Post by Ron_the_maker »

Hello,
I am creating an Adafruit IO dashboard and the system is saying I have 5 of 5 feeds selected. I need to display 7 feeds on the dashboard.

I have an IO Plus account and thought I could have unlimited feeds.

How do I overcome this 5 of 5 feed limitation so I can show 7 or more feeds on one dashboard?
Attachments
5_of_5_feeds_selected.JPG
5_of_5_feeds_selected.JPG (15.63 KiB) Viewed 124 times

mikeysklar

Re: how many feeds can be displayed in a dashboard?

Post by mikeysklar »

Ron,

You are correct that the AIO account includes unlimited dashboard.

Are you certain that your credentials and the account you are logging into for the dashboard are the paid AIO account?
Screenshot from 2023-02-24 17-13-08.png
Screenshot from 2023-02-24 17-13-08.png (103.47 KiB) Viewed 114 times

jwcooper

Re: how many feeds can be displayed in a dashboard?

Post by jwcooper »

It looks like this may be for a specific block on the dashboard. Is this for a chart?

We have various limitations per-block for the number of feeds we can reasonably support. There are limitations in the UI, but more specifically, performance due to how much data can be sent to the browser. This is particularly true when a dashboard has multiple charts with multiple feeds per dashboard.

We can revisit this, but the quick fix here would be to setup 2 or 3 different charting (or the block you're using that supports 5 feeds) blocks per dashboard.

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”