IO / Wippersnapper does not detect Adafruit Huzzah32

adafruit.io wippersnapper BETA support, discussions, and more!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
TimJan

IO / Wippersnapper does not detect Adafruit Huzzah32

Post by TimJan »

Hi,
I have now tried the entire evening to detect a Adafruit Huzzah using Adafruit IO, but I only get to the "Download firmware" stage every time.
The firmware seems to go through.
I have created a guest network with only 2.4ghz.
But it does not detect it.
The yellow blink is flashing rapidly, nothing else.

brubell
Learn User Page

Re: IO / Wippersnapper does not detect Adafruit Huzzah32

Post by brubell »

Hi TimJan,

Do you see the WIPPER drive on your computer? Within the secrets.json file - are all the credentials correct (please check for case sensitivity and verify that your IO key is correct too)

Shoggoth

Post by Shoggoth »

Hello,

I have a similar problem with an Adafruit Huzzah32 V2. The board with ESP32 chip, 8MB Flash, 2MB PSRAM, and connector for external antenna.

I have two of these boards and neither will connect to Adafruit IO. When I flash them with CircuitPython, both of them connect to my wireless network and receive an IP address. When I flash them with Wippersnapper, neither will connect to wireless and the status light goes into a very slow (several seconds) blink. I assume it is a boot loop. I do not see the WIPPER drive on my computer. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

brubell
Learn User Page

Post by brubell »

Shoggoth wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:33 pm Hello,

I have a similar problem with an Adafruit Huzzah32 V2. The board with ESP32 chip, 8MB Flash, 2MB PSRAM, and connector for external antenna.

I have two of these boards and neither will connect to Adafruit IO. When I flash them with CircuitPython, both of them connect to my wireless network and receive an IP address. When I flash them with Wippersnapper, neither will connect to wireless and the status light goes into a very slow (several seconds) blink. I assume it is a boot loop. I do not see the WIPPER drive on my computer. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Could you open a bug report on the WipperSnapper repository: https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_Wi ... .md&title=

Thanks!

Shoggoth

Post by Shoggoth »

Done.

github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_Wippersnapper_Arduino/issues/424

brubell
Learn User Page

Post by brubell »

Thanks, I'll take it from there!

dobbsjs

Post by dobbsjs »

Hello,I just wanted to mention that I have the same issue. Thank you for taking up this issue, I will wait for any updates on this.

brubell
Learn User Page

Post by brubell »

dobbsjs wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 12:18 am Hello,I just wanted to mention that I have the same issue. Thank you for taking up this issue, I will wait for any updates on this.
Tracking via this issue: https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_Wi ... issues/424. Please add any relevant info you have there.

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Adafruit IO Wippersnapper Beta”