Colaborating on IO Account

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
jkoffman

Colaborating on IO Account

Post by jkoffman »

Hi all,

I'm new to Adafruit IO. I have a friend helping me set a few things up. Is there a way to share access to to my account that isn't just sharing login credentials?

I trust this person, but just curious if there's a better way!

Thank you!

jwcooper

Re: Colaborating on IO Account

Post by jwcooper »

What are they helping you setup?

As of now, we have feed level sharing (you can share your feed so a friend can read/write data to it without sharing credentials), but currently no way to share dashboards for write level access.

If you do end up sharing your credentials, I would strongly recommend resetting your password and AIO Key after everything is setup.

Also note that your Adafruit shop information is also accessible via your IO account (we have one account for all Adafruit services), so if you have any addresses saved, or previous orders you would like private, they will have access to that information.

jkoffman

Re: Colaborating on IO Account

Post by jkoffman »

Thank you for the reply!

We've worked out an arrangement that means I don't have to share my login credentials, so I should be good!

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”