Feather nRF52840 Express v0.7.0 bootloader not advertising via BLE

For Adafruit customers who seek help with microcontrollers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
jacob_preston

Feather nRF52840 Express v0.7.0 bootloader not advertising via BLE

Post by jacob_preston »

I'm trying to follow the instructions in the PyLeap app to pair a device and update my CircuitPython. When powering via an external desktop power supply at 3.7v (connected to the JST header), I double tap the reset button and observe the Neopixel is a solid red color and the LED next to the USB connector blinks red. The Blue LED next to the nRF52840 module is not blinking and I can't see the device when scanning for it via BLE.

I have updated the bootloader to the file update-feather_nrf52840_express_bootloader-0.7.0_nosd.uf2 found here: https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_nR ... /tag/0.7.0

Is this the wrong bootloader?

jacob_preston

Re: Feather nRF52840 Express v0.7.0 bootloader not advertising via BLE

Post by jacob_preston »

I also tried downgrading the bootloader to v0.6.2 (this seems to be what Arduino has as the latest bootloader) with the same issues.

jacob_preston

Re: Feather nRF52840 Express v0.7.0 bootloader not advertising via BLE

Post by jacob_preston »

Okay, I got it to connect to PyLeap. The app doesn't mention the timing required for the second button tap (it's when the LED starts flashing blue, but be fast! It doesn't flash for long).

However, now I'm confused as to how I can use my own CircuitPython code with the app. After connecting, I'm presented with a blank screen with a '+' at the top right. I tap this, and am presented with a place to input a URL. I'm guessing this is a github repo? Anyway, I enter a repo I made into it (https://github.com/pres2300/pyleap_cowabunga) and I have no way to confirm it. If I hit return, the text entry field goes blank.

What's the proper way I can test my own code via this update mechanism?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Microcontrollers”