Robotics Project

This is a special forum devoted to educators using Adafruit and Arduino products for teaching.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
jcrowson12

Robotics Project

Post by jcrowson12 »

I am working on a robotics project for a summer camp. I would like the robots to run on circuit python. And be controlled by this controller from amazon (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HG ... UTF8&psc=1). I have bought the following items and tried them in various combinations.

Adafruit ESP32-S3 Feather with 4MB Flash 2MB PSRAM - STEMMA QT / Qwiic
Adafruit ItsyBitsy nRF52840 Express - Bluetooth LE
Adafruit Bluefruit LE UART Friend

I am able to control the motors that I have. I am able to upload code to the ESP32 Feather over wifi. I am assembling it on a FeatherWing Tripler. The main things that I want are to be able to do are
- to program the board wirelessly (bluetooth or wifi is fine.)
- to be to control the motors (this works)
- to connect to a remote control (I like the one that I have but I could change if need be.).

Should I be able to connect to that controller with either of the bluetooth modules that I have? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Franklin97355

Re: Robotics Project

Post by Franklin97355 »

How do you control the robot now and what are you asking for? Do you want to use different boards or do you have a specific task that you are not able to accomplish? I'm not clear on your question. Thanks.

jcrowson12

Post by jcrowson12 »

I am programming them over Wi-Fi. I have noticed that circuitpython has a program over Bluetooth option. So programming them over Bluetooth should be fine also. If need another board that is fine. I tried all of the Bluetooth examples came with the Adafruit modules libraries folder.

I would like to be able to connect to the Bluetooth controller that I have from amazon. Maybe I just have not tried the right example code that will connect or maybe I do not have the right Bluetooth board.

I guess that I am hoping someone can suggest another example code file to try or suggest a more appropriate board that will connect to the controller.

jcrowson12

Post by jcrowson12 »

I have gotten the bluetooth controller mention in my original post working with the bluepad32 (https://gitlab.com/ricardoquesada/bluep ... cuitpython) circuit python library. I am using a rp2040 feather, an airlift feather wing. Now I am trying to get the Adafruit motor wing to work. The controller works great now, but if the airlift feather wing is connected, the rp2040 crashes if I try to control the motors (even if I am not running any of the bluepad32 code and the bluetooth controller is turned off). Are these 3 boards not compatible? Could this be related to bluepad32?

jcrowson12

Post by jcrowson12 »

Would changing the i2c address fix the issue?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “For Educators”