my Huzzah Feather 8266 is not showing up...

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
siquepuede

my Huzzah Feather 8266 is not showing up...

Post by siquepuede »

Hello,
I had set up my Huzzah Feather 8266 a couple of days ago using the super clear instructions provided by Adafruit. it was super easy to set up. I got the LED to toggle on and off, and even got to actuate the servo I connected to the Huzzah Feather using the slider. Then after looking at Blynk iIOT options for my students on the web (I regret doing that :)) I was not able to get the Huzzah Feather to show up on Adafruit IOT. I deleted the Blynk library from my computer but no change. So, I tried on a different computer and added the board on the Adafruit IO page again and still no board shows up under "my devices". Not sure what's going on!

thanks for your help.
Andrew

brubell
Learn User Page

Re: my Huzzah Feather 8266 is not showing up...

Post by brubell »

Thanks for the great feedback on Adafruit IO! Blynk's Arduino code will overwrite our Adafruit IO WipperSnapper firmware on your Feather ESP8266.

To get the Feather ESP8266 back online, you will need to re-upload WipperSnapper firmware via https://adafruit.github.io/WipperSnappe ... er-esp8266

siquepuede

Post by siquepuede »

Brubell, thanks for the quick reply and helpful suggestion.
I'm pretty sure I did the re-install of WipperSnapper firmware a few times, but I'll try again when I get home. I feel like maybe I need to "re-set" the Feather back to factory condition. I'll check on Adafruit guides.

best,

Andrew

siquepuede

Post by siquepuede »

Hello again,
I tried re-uploading the firmware as per the instructions and still see no board on my Adafruit IO. Very puzzled!
When turning the console on, it appears that the firmware is being flashed on to the Feather 8266 just fine, but then no board appears under my devices. Any others having issues with this? My troubles with this started when I included the Blynk library, but I've reloaded the WipperSnapper firmware several times onto the board and also pressed reset according to the directions. WipperSnapper is such a nifty way to do IOT I don't want to give up on this just yet.
thanks for any suggestions you may have.

Andrew

brubell
Learn User Page

Post by brubell »

Someone else is having the same issue as you and I've gathered enough data to make a bug report.

https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_Wi ... issues/404

I'll try to reproduce this issue with the ESP8266 and will follow up both here and on the issue linked above.

siquepuede

Post by siquepuede »

Great, thanks for letting me know! I'll keep checking here for any news...

siquepuede

Post by siquepuede »

Hello again,
I just bought a couple of ESP32-S2 from Adafruit, as well as some CO2 gas sensors. They all work great and I was able to get my ESP32-S2 to connect to Adafruit IO.
Unfortunately the Feather 8266 is still not showing up under my devices ... not sure if there as any news on that front.

thanks,
Andrew

brubell
Learn User Page

Post by brubell »

Hi, we were able to reproduce this error and found the bug. I just updated the uploader to use the correct file system size and have tested the fix locally on my Feather ESP8266. This bug should be gone. Please let me know on this thread if you are still experiencing the same problem.

siquepuede

Post by siquepuede »

Hello Brent,

Thank you for you reply and advising of the bug fix. I will try my 8266 feather when I get back home from work and will report back.

best,
Andrew

siquepuede

Post by siquepuede »

Hello Brent,

I am glad to report success! I was able to get Feather 8266 to show up and it work justs fine! Thanks for your work on this. It's nice to have this working again.

best,

Andrew

brubell
Learn User Page

Post by brubell »

siquepuede wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:51 pm Hello Brent,

I am glad to report success! I was able to get Feather 8266 to show up and it work justs fine! Thanks for your work on this. It's nice to have this working again.

best,

Andrew
Perfect, thanks Andrew!

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”