Adafruit IO Dashboard shows black page

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
slaw54

Re: Adafruit IO Dashboard shows black page

Post by slaw54 »

Working again, great response, well done.

vroomfondel

Post by vroomfondel »

It's working now for me too. Thanks!

Quartzzk

Post by Quartzzk »

lorennorman wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:39 pm With all this great feedback I believe I've fixed the core issue where a signed-in account with a connected device crashes the IO web app. Could someone here refresh and confirm it is fixed?

I believe the support page crashing for non-signed-in users is a separate issue, haven't fixed that one yet.

Thank you all for your patience!
Thanks Loren!

ckostovny

Post by ckostovny »

lorennorman wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:39 pm With all this great feedback I believe I've fixed the core issue where a signed-in account with a connected device crashes the IO web app. Could someone here refresh and confirm it is fixed?

I believe the support page crashing for non-signed-in users is a separate issue, haven't fixed that one yet.

Thank you all for your patience!
I’m also able to see my dashboard again, and was able to update and reconnect my whippersnapper device. Thank you!

lorennorman

Post by lorennorman »

As another test I had someone else try to open the http://io.adafruit.com/support site on their own computer and click on “Contact Adafruit IO support” and they immediately got a black screen as well.
This was a separate error: non-logged-in users get black-screen crash when visiting /support and clicking "Contact Adafruit IO support"

...and this error is now fixed, too!

Thanks again for the great bug reports and feedback

froptesa

Post by froptesa »

I have exactly the same issue. I loaded the WipperSnapper firmware onto a new device today (my first test of Adafruit IO). The io.adafruit.com page went all-black, and showing the JavaScript error message in the browser's F12 debug console.

lorennorman

Post by lorennorman »

@froptesa I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble! I'm not sure what might be going on in your case, but I'd like to find out.

Some thoughts and questions:
- when does it go black? are you able to complete the firmware install and reboot the board, then it goes black right when it should be connecting?
- can you copy and paste the JavaScript error you are seeing?

I'm keen to get this reproduced and fixed, thank you so much for the bug report!

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”