CircuitPlayGroundBluefruit - All RGB leds turn RED after wake from deepsleep by time alarm.

CircuitPython on hardware including Adafruit's boards, and CircuitPython libraries using Blinka on host computers.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
bobshots

CircuitPlayGroundBluefruit - All RGB leds turn RED after wake from deepsleep by time alarm.

Post by bobshots »

Hi all,

I am using the adafruit circuit playground bluefruit and have it perform a measurement every 15s to save battery.
In between the unit goes to deepsleep.

Code: Select all

time_alarm = alarm.time.TimeAlarm(monotonic_time=time.monotonic() + 15)
#         pin_alarm = alarm.pin.PinAlarm(board.D7, False)
#         Deep sleep until one of the alarm goes off. Then restart the program.
        alarm.exit_and_deep_sleep_until_alarms(time_alarm)
When the unit wake up from the time alarm, it makes a sound and turns on all 10 neopixels to RED for a short time. I do not want that to happen. Is this a default setting after the units wakes from deepsleep? I could not find it in the troubleshooting section. It only happens when I power the board by battery,. When it is connected trough USB the neopixels are not turned on after waking up. But this is also not really a deepsleep since the usb connection is maintained.

I am only running code.py. There is no boot.py.

If someone could point me in a direction to look for the answer I would be very grateful.

tannewt

Re: CircuitPlayGroundBluefruit - All RGB leds turn RED after wake from deepsleep by time alarm.

Post by tannewt »

This sounds like it could be the bootloader. What version does it say it is when you double click to get the BOOT drive?

bobshots

Re: CircuitPlayGroundBluefruit - All RGB leds turn RED after wake from deepsleep by time alarm.

Post by bobshots »

I have checked.

The INFO_UFT TXT file contains the following info:
UF2 Bootloader 0.2.11-8-g2c13fd5-dirty lib/nrfx (v1.1.0-1-g096e770) lib/tinyusb (legacy-755-g55874813) s140 6.1.1
Model: Adafruit Circuit Playground nRF52840
Board-ID: nRF52840-CircuitPlayground-revD
Date: Jul 13 2019
I have upgraded with the Arduino IDE and now it reads:
UF2 Bootloader 0.6.2 lib/nrfx (v2.0.0) lib/tinyusb (0.10.1-293-gaf8e5a90) lib/uf2 (remotes/origin/configupdate-9-gadbb8c7)
Model: Adafruit Circuit Playground nRF52840
Board-ID: nRF52840-CircuitPlayground-revD
SoftDevice: S140 version 6.1.1
Date: Sep 10 2021
I will check later today if the problem has been fixed.

bobshots

Post by bobshots »

The problem still persists unfortunately.
After waking the CPB makes a short sound and lights up all 10 RGB's in red (when powered from 3 pieces 1,2V or 1,5V AAA batteries. USB is fine, No red leds light and no sounds). I still hope I can find a solution.

I am only running this simple code.

Code: Select all

import board
import neopixel
import time
import alarm

N_PIXELS = 10
pixels = neopixel.NeoPixel(board.NEOPIXEL, N_PIXELS, brightness=0.1, auto_write=True)
pixels.fill(0)
pixels[9] = (255, 255, 255)
pixels.show()
time.sleep(2)
time_alarm = alarm.time.TimeAlarm(monotonic_time=time.monotonic() + 15)
alarm.exit_and_deep_sleep_until_alarms(time_alarm)

bobshots

Post by bobshots »

Updated the bootloader to 0.7.0 and problem is as good as gone. The Leds turn RED but very briefly and dimmed, so I can hardly see it. Still would be nice if I could turn them all off, but this is fine for now,

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Adafruit CircuitPython”