SCD 41 CO2 sensor

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
siquepuede

SCD 41 CO2 sensor

Post by siquepuede »

Hello,

When I first purchased two SCD 41 from Adafruit I was able to get it up and running using the ExampleUsage on the Feather ESP32V2 with no problem. Now however when I try to upload the code to the other SCD41 w. ESP32V2 I get a compilation error:

exec: "/esptool.exe": file does not exist

Compilation error: exec: "/esptool.exe": file does not exist

This occurs even though I installed the SCD4x Adafruit library. Any help is appreciated as always!

thanks,

Andrew

p.s. I have the other ESP32v2 with the second SCD41 successfully connected via wippersnapper to the Adafruit IO

siquepuede

Re: SCD 41 CO2 sensor

Post by siquepuede »

Additional note: I just tried using the SCD41 with a 8266 NodeMCU and the code uploaded and worked fine.

Also can connect two of the same boards on wippersnapper using the adafruit IO? Is there a way to change the name so that they are distinguishable? sorry for the basic question - I am somewhat new to the IO world!
Andrew

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Check to make sure you have the latest version of the ESP32 Board Support Package. The toolset evolves over time, and it sounds like you may have code that's calling a piece that's no longer current.

brubell
Learn User Page

Post by brubell »

Also can connect two of the same boards on wippersnapper using the adafruit IO? Is there a way to change the name so that they are distinguishable? sorry for the basic question - I am somewhat new to the IO world!
Andrew
You can change the device's name. Go to the Device's page and click "Device Settings". From there, there is a form that allows you to change the device name.

siquepuede

Post by siquepuede »

Thank you for your helpful response. I'll try your recommendation. And thanks for the answer to my other question about renaming board.
Just wanted to add that I used the CO2 sensor with my 8th grade science class today and they were able to see first hand the rapid rise of CO2 levels with candle burning under a jar (with SCD41 next to it) as well as evidence of their own CO2 exhaled. It is a nifty package and works very well with the ESP32 on WipperSnapper!
thanks for the helpful support!
Andrew

brubell
Learn User Page

Post by brubell »

Just wanted to add that I used the CO2 sensor with my 8th grade science class today and they were able to see first hand the rapid rise of CO2 levels with candle burning under a jar (with SCD41 next to it) as well as evidence of their own CO2 exhaled. It is a nifty package and works very well with the ESP32 on WipperSnapper!
thanks for the helpful support!
Yay - excellent!

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”