AMIS-30543 and adafruit_amis30543.py library

CircuitPython on hardware including Adafruit's boards, and CircuitPython libraries using Blinka on host computers.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
SottoVoce

AMIS-30543 and adafruit_amis30543.py library

Post by SottoVoce »

I'm trying to control the stepper motors we bought from Adafruit, using Pololu's AMIS-30543 controllers, which are SPI devices. I'm using an Adafruit HUZZAH32 ESP32 Feather. I saw a reference to library "adafruit_amis30543.py". I can't find that library anywhere. Can someone point me to that library, or to an example of controlling the AMIS-30543?

tannewt

Re: AMIS-30543 and adafruit_amis30543.py library

Post by tannewt »

I don't believe we have that library. Where did you see the reference?

SottoVoce

Post by SottoVoce »

Uh-oh... perhaps I got fooled. I was using ChatGPT, searching for existing examples of Circuitpython code driving AMIS-30543. The result include an import of that library. Perhaps ChatGPT just made it up. It even gave me a Github URL to the file, but Github gave me a 404.

I've found plenty of examples in Arduino, and they work. But I have to use Circuitpython. I found an example in Micropython, but it relies on a built-in libraries that don't exist in Circuitpython.

Thanks for your quick response.

By the way, here are the Github links ChatGPT gave me. They result in 404 for me. Do they work for you?
==============
You can find the adafruit_amis30543.py library on the Adafruit GitHub repository or on the CircuitPython bundle repository. Here are the links:

Adafruit GitHub repository: https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_Ci ... is30543.py
CircuitPython bundle repository: https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_Ci ... is30543.py
==============

tannewt

Post by tannewt »

Ya, I think it made it up. We're very consistent with our library naming and so it's easy to make something up in that template.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Adafruit CircuitPython”