pinout documentation bug on Scorpio RP2040?

Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
seb_kuzminsky

pinout documentation bug on Scorpio RP2040?

Post by seb_kuzminsky »

I've been playing with the SPI on the Scorpio RP2040, and I've run into what I think is a documentation bug.

According to Table 2 of the RP2040 datasheet (https://datasheets.raspberrypi.com/rp20 ... asheet.pdf), GPIO 15 is SPI1 TX and GPIO 8 is SPI1 RX. That matches the green (SPI) and yellow (GPIO) annotations on the pinout picture. But it disagrees with the grey (CircuitPython) annotations, and with the silkscreen on the board itself.

Experimentally, the RP2040 datasheet and the green and yellow annotations on the pinout picture seem correct (MOSI/RX on GPIO8, MISO/TX on GPIO15), and the grey annotations and silkscreen seem backwards.
Attachments
adafruit_products_feather-rp2040-scorpio-prettypins.png
adafruit_products_feather-rp2040-scorpio-prettypins.png (398.5 KiB) Viewed 47 times

alpierce

Re: pinout documentation bug on Scorpio RP2040?

Post by alpierce »

It’s the same as the regular RP2040 Feather I believe. MOSI(MO) is an Output (TX) pin , and MISO(MI) is an Input(RX) pin. The pin function is with respect to the microcontroller and will be reversed on the peripheral, same as traditional UART serial interface. Maybe I am misunderstanding your perspective?

seb_kuzminsky

Re: pinout documentation bug on Scorpio RP2040?

Post by seb_kuzminsky »

Ah, thanks for clearing up my confusion. I'm using the RP2040 as the slave, but I understand now that the MOSI/MISO terminology is assuming the RP2040 is the master.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Feather - Adafruit's lightweight platform”