Ver. 8.1 Beta DHT11 not found issue

CircuitPython on hardware including Adafruit's boards, and CircuitPython libraries using Blinka on host computers.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
electromechpro

Ver. 8.1 Beta DHT11 not found issue

Post by electromechpro »

I have a Metro ESP32-S2 running 2 DHT-11 sensors on IO10 and 11, with an Arduino brand ethernet shield v2 acting as a datalogger for inside/outside temps. I was having no luck trying to add a soft-AP for monitoring it (remote site, no wifi), following the git hub and stack exchange threads. I tried installing CP ver 8.1 Beta, and still no AP love.

When I went back to my DHT datalogger code, the CP (8.1) code would not pick up the 2 DHT sensors (I was not able to figure which one or both, and swapped in a known good one at either location, no difference).

I then used the Adafruit web serial flasher and reverted back to 8.0.3, and with no code changes, the DHTs gave valid temperature readings.

I hope this is helpful, as I have received timely help with other issues I have had learning to work with Circuitpython.

P.S. I could really use some soft AP functionality in CP, as my instrumentation is not able to connect with a wifi network, and is often hard to physically access. My current Arduino code relies heavily on the "Cramazing" work of "My circuits" youtube video ESP32, SD and WiFi - Download/Upload/Delete SD files using ESP32 microcontroller as a web server.

danhalbert

Re: Ver. 8.1 Beta DHT11 not found issue

Post by danhalbert »

Would you mind opening an issue about this regression, with simple sample code? Thanks.
https://github.com/adafruit/circuitpyth ... new/choose

electromechpro

Post by electromechpro »

Will work on it.

electromechpro

Post by electromechpro »

4/3/23 Update:

CP Version 8.1 still gives a DHT not found error message on my Metro ESP32-S2 no matter which of several pins I use. I had used my Metro for some Arduino code experiments, and went back to CP and got the latest stable release from the website today. I used the Adafruit web serial flasher utility, erased first, then uploaded the 8.1 .bin to 0x00. No DHTs found.
I went back to 8.0.5 and was having trouble, so I went back to 8.0.3, where the code was last working.
The program ran on 8.0.3, but I may have had a wiring issue with the 8.0.5, and cannot confirm the DHT issue there.

danhalbert

Post by danhalbert »

The changes from 8.0.3 to 8.0.4 and 8.0.5 are unrelated to code that would cause this, so it sounds like an 8.0.x to 8.1.0-beta regression.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Adafruit CircuitPython”