ESP32-S3 Feather - Will no longer flash/power on

Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
BobDubbya

ESP32-S3 Feather - Will no longer flash/power on

Post by BobDubbya »

Hello,

I purchased an ESP32-S3 Feather 1/29/23 to use with ESPHome and was having a great time testing it out.
I then switched to another platform for testing and just went to re-flash the Feather with a new configuration (over Wifi), it errored out while flashing and I can't get it to re-flash.

I'm concerned because it doesn't appear to be powering on anymore. Previously when it was on an LED would light up, this light no longer comes on. I've tried various USB-C cables, an external 3.3v power supply wouldn't get it o light up, an external 5v power supply didn't light it up, and a CH340 based TTL adapter would get the led to glow dimly but it still wouldn't flash.

I'm concerned that it may have booked a one way ticket to a farm in the country.

Is there any troubleshooting guide specific to this board I can go through or any sort of warranty?

mikeysklar

Re: ESP32-S3 Feather - Will no longer flash/power on

Post by mikeysklar »

Are you able to enter bootloader mode:

Make sure nothing else is connected to the board besides its USB-C cable.

To enter ROM bootloader mode, hold down BOOT button while clicking reset button? Do any LEDs appear?

Try and make sure you are using the same USB-C cable you had been using when it was last working.

If you are still not seeing any LED activities this board is not recoverable.

There is a one month warranty.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Feather - Adafruit's lightweight platform”