Flora discontinued

Wearable electronics: boards, conductive materials, and projects from Adafruit!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
rayhayes

Flora discontinued

Post by rayhayes »

I see a lot of sensors for Flora that a discontinued versus being out of stock without any suggestions of what can replace them. Is the line not viable?

mikeysklar

Re: Flora discontinued

Post by mikeysklar »

The Circuit Playground series have a similar form factor with more powerful processors and memory. Several sensors are integrated on these boards.

Was there a specific sensor you are looking to use? Is this for a wearable application?

https://www.adafruit.com/?q=circuit+pla ... =BestMatch

rayhayes

Post by rayhayes »

I have the book on using the Flora line in various projects. Specifically, the round accelerometer is called out in more than one. I have a couple GPS, a color sensor, 8 round LEDs, some thread, needles. Basically, I bought the intro Flora package a while back and just got around to looking at it.

Specimen281

Post by Specimen281 »

I'm having issues here as well. When purchasing the flora as a result of viewing an adafruit tutorial, when I clicked on the links for the modules to purchase, it took me to the LSM303AGR sensor to sub for the flora accell/compass sensor and not that I have it, the pins don't line up and I'm not sure how to "stitch" properly without causing lines to cross/short, etc. :-(

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wearables”