New rPI 3B+ not powering up with POE

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
mrdavidsilva

New rPI 3B+ not powering up with POE

Post by mrdavidsilva »

Just received a new rPI 3B+ and a new POE+ but the POE+ card appears to not be functioning. The rPI will not boot or power up with the card installed. The rPI boots fine from a regular power source. I’ve tried several cables and my other units work just fine so I know it’s not my switch.

mikeysklar

Re: New rPI 3B+ not powering up with POE

Post by mikeysklar »

We can swap this PoE+ if it is not working.

Were you able to try it with one of your existing working setup Pi 3B+ or PI 4?

Just an FYI there is a HDMI short possibility to watch out for.

mrdavidsilva

Post by mrdavidsilva »

I was able to try with a different POE+ HAT and the rPI booted successfully that way, so my POE+ is definitely dead. What steps do I take to get it replaced? My order number is 3036162-1268804675.

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

Thank for swapping it with another PoE+ HAT. That seems definitive that there is an issue with this board.

Please send an e-mail to [email protected] to request a replacement. They will need a link to this forum thread which is your authorization and your order#.

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”