Defective 1.44" display PID: 2088

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
distropolis

Defective 1.44" display PID: 2088

Post by distropolis »

Hello,

I have another PID: 2088 that is defective. White screen only. I had to pull it from the build and replacement. DOA.

mikeysklar

Re: Defective 1.44" display PID: 2088

Post by mikeysklar »

I know you have purchased quite a few of these so you know when you have a real failed unit.

Go ahead and contact [email protected] to request a replacement. They will need this forum thread link as authorization and provide your order#.

distropolis

Post by distropolis »

Thanks!

It looks like this product has had an update. Do you know if the screens are being placed on the boards more consistently? The all seem to be nudged this way or that juuuust a little.

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

You are certainly correct about the update.
Revision History:

As of February 28, 2023 - we've updated this TFT breakout with an EYESPI connector to make cabling easier with an 18-pin FPC. We also used Adafruit Pinguin to make a lovely silkscreen. The board is otherwise the same size, pinout, and functionality.
I don't know if the screen placement has accuracy has changed at all. If you are measuring differences between units that is significant please open an issue in the hardware github repo for this board.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”