Bluetooth Itegrated TFT Display

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
SplashThinkLabs

Bluetooth Itegrated TFT Display

Post by SplashThinkLabs »

Dear General Project Help:

I have an idea/project that will integrate the Adafruit 0.96" 160x80 Color TFT with the Flora Wearable Bluefruit LE Module. I have those items in my cart and am wondering if there are other items I will need to make these two items work together. The application is sending images to my Flora from my iPhone. Please assume I have nothing but a standard electronics workbench at my disposal. What else might I add to my car?

Thanks,
Robert

mikeysklar

Re: Bluetooth Itegrated TFT Display

Post by mikeysklar »

Robert,

You might want to stick with the guide on this one. There is a setup with the Circuit Playground Bluefruit and a Gizmo E-ink or TFT display getting images sent via the phone app Bluefruit Connect.

https://learn.adafruit.com/wireless-ima ... o/overview

SplashThinkLabs

mikeysklar wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:26 pm Robert,

You might want to stick with the guide on this one. There is a setup with the Circuit Playground Bluefruit and a Gizmo E-ink or TFT display getting images sent via the phone app Bluefruit Connect.

https://learn.adafruit.com/wireless-ima ... o/overview
Mikeysklar - Thanks much for responding. I understand where you are going. I am looking to find a display with higher resolution (e.g. video) and the TFT Gizmo display is something like 200x200. Many of the 'guide' components seem to be 'Out of Stock'. Application: Small TFT display for video with mobile device interface. Any other suggestions?

Also, do you know if adafruit products come with schematics so I can build from scratch?

Thanks!

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

Almost all Adafruit products have schematic and board files. It is located of the learn / guide page under “Downloads”.

I would select a modern board for the project you are planning on. A nRF52840 board would be a better choice than the Flora. That is also the same processor being used in the CircuitPlayground Bluefruit.

SplashThinkLabs

mikeysklar wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:18 pm Almost all Adafruit products have schematic and board files. It is located of the learn / guide page under “Downloads”.

I would select a modern board for the project you are planning on. A nRF52840 board would be a better choice than the Flora. That is also the same processor being used in the CircuitPlayground Bluefruit.
Mikeysklar - Thanks much for the help. I'll bother you with one more question. What are compatibility options of buying a higher res TFT either on adafruit or elsewhere to work with the nRF52840 board? Is voltage my primary concern? Does adafruit have a product compatibility reference table or is that up to the buyer to figure it out?

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

The underlying libraries for the display is what you will want to verify before purchasing. Make sure that you can use Arduino or CircuitPython (whichever language you prefer) with the boards and TFT chipset you are selecting. Most of the Adafruit TFTs are 3v/5v compatible and have excellent library support for both programming environments. Since the Adafruit TFTs come with detailed setup guides they tend to be easier to get going with.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”