Flora not connecting to USB port

Wearable electronics: boards, conductive materials, and projects from Adafruit!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
mlutes

Flora not connecting to USB port

Post by mlutes »

Hi,

I am making a wearable device with a few sensors integrated with an Adafruit Flora microcontroller. For the past few days, I have been able to upload and run code seamlessly, but today I am having trouble uploading new code. The Flora LEDs light up when the board is connected to my laptop, but the port does not show up in Arduino unless I reset the Flora. Even then, when I click "Upload" with the port selected, it disconnects and the code does not upload.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,

M

mikeysklar

Re: Flora not connecting to USB port

Post by mikeysklar »

It is common for user code running on the Flora to keep the processor busy so that you can only upload when going into manual bootloader mode. The timing is tricky to master, but try pressing the reset on the Flora just after hitting the upload button from the Arduino IDE.

If you want to confirm that is an issue related to your code you can always upload a simple blink sketch with the above method and then see if can easily update the code without going into manual bootloader mode.

EdgarBoyd

Re: Flora not connecting to USB port

Post by EdgarBoyd »

mlutes wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:56 pm Hi,

I am making a wearable device with a few sensors integrated with an Adafruit Flora microcontroller. For the past few days, I have been able to upload and run code seamlessly, but today I am having trouble uploading new code. The Flora LEDs light up when the board is connected to my laptop, but the port does not show up in Arduino unless I reset the Flora. Even then, when I click "Upload" with the port selected, it disconnects and the code does not upload.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,
However, if you are looking for entertainment, you can refer to the GTA 5 Mobile Free Download game on the getmodnow platform
M
Here are a few suggestions to troubleshoot the issue:

USB cable: Ensure that you're using a reliable USB cable for connecting the Flora to your laptop. Sometimes, a faulty cable can cause connectivity problems. Try using a different USB cable to see if that resolves the issue.

USB port: Connect the Flora to a different USB port on your laptop. Sometimes, certain USB ports may have connection problems or insufficient power supply. By switching to a different port, you can determine if the issue is specific to the port you were initially using.

Driver issues: Make sure you have the necessary drivers installed for the Adafruit Flora microcontroller. Visit the Adafruit website and check if there are any updated drivers available for your operating system. Install or update the drivers if necessary.

Board and port selection: Double-check that you have selected the correct board and port in the Arduino IDE. Go to "Tools" > "Board" and select the appropriate Flora board variant. Then, go to "Tools" > "Port" and choose the port to which the Flora is connected.

Reset button: When you mentioned that the port only shows up when you reset the Flora, it could indicate a timing issue. Try pressing the reset button on the Flora just before clicking the "Upload" button in the Arduino IDE. This action should initiate the upload process while the Flora is in the correct mode.

Power supply: Ensure that the Flora is receiving sufficient power. Inadequate power can cause connectivity problems or unexpected behavior. If you're using battery power, make sure the battery has enough charge. Alternatively, try connecting the Flora to your laptop using an external power supply.

Firmware issues: If none of the above steps resolve the problem, it's possible that there could be an issue with the firmware on the Flora. Visit the Adafruit support forums or community to see if other users have encountered similar problems and if there are any recommended firmware updates or fixes.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wearables”