Building the Pip-Boy 2040

Wearable electronics: boards, conductive materials, and projects from Adafruit!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Tims_Raspberry_Stuff

Building the Pip-Boy 2040

Post by Tims_Raspberry_Stuff »

Just have a question on the construction of this if someone could help. There is a spot where you are soldering the Feather RP2040 onto the FeatherWing Tripler. The photo shows it being soldered directly to it using long pins. The pins that come with it have approx. 2mm plastic standoff and the step calls for using long pins. My question is do you cut off the plastic standoffs from the pins, and if you do is there some type of isolation tape being used to keep the FeatherWing isolated from the Tripler or does it even matter?

mikeysklar

Re: Building the Pip-Boy 2040

Post by mikeysklar »

Good question about how the extended headers were attached and the plastic removal. I don't see any mention of it in the guide so I'll ask the author @johnedgarpark to comment.

johnpark

Post by johnpark »

Thank you for the questions -- i've taken new photos and updated the guide steps to clarify this process. https://learn.adafruit.com/pip-boy-2040 ... ep-3142491

Tims_Raspberry_Stuff

Post by Tims_Raspberry_Stuff »

Thanks that helps a lot. My only other question is whether the programing can be customized, correct. Possibly thinking on breaking out my programing skills

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

Of course. Start with the stock example code and once you get that going tinker away.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wearables”