Can anyone advise why Throttle Warning being received when only uploading low data rate feed?

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
themusicman

Can anyone advise why Throttle Warning being received when only uploading low data rate feed?

Post by themusicman »

Hi All

UPDATE: FIXED - my bad, no sensors were connected to a specific device but it was still running the code and updating null values way too frequently. My bad.

Not sure where to post this hence asking here.

I have two feeds currently being uploaded to Adafruit.io, one temp measurement every six mins and the other a temp and pressure measurement every 10 mins - however the Throttle Warning countdown on my dot io page never reaches zero and appears to be in a bit of a loop! Nothing has been uploaded for a few hours, and the counter counts down to around 5 or 6 seconds, then goes back up to over 35 seconds. Apologies if I have done something wrong and exceeded any allowance, but nothing is currently being sent to the cloud.

The overview page states I am currently uploading 161/30 which is why there is a Throttle Warning, but I am not currently uploading anything at all!!

Is there anything I should look at or is there something specific I should do to fix this, please?

Thanks, and sorry for the ambiguity.

John

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”