connection issue

For other supported Arduino products from Adafruit: Shields, accessories, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
s4lim

connection issue

Post by s4lim »

Hello, I have a kind of complicated issue with the PCA9685 driver but i will try my best to simplify it for you
I have a communication project between Arduino and Processing, the communication between them is as follows:
Sending data from Processing to Arduino to operate the servo motors in a certain way, but the strange thing that happens to me is that the motor vane angle does not exceed 10 to 20 angles at the time I send it, for example, an order to move by 150, of course, this problem only occurs when the motors are connected to the PCA9685 and when the motors are connected directly to the Arduino chip, the commands are very smooth and works with zero issues.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

adafruit_support_mike

Re: connection issue

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

That's most likely to be a connection or voltage issue.

Do you happen to have access to an oscilloscope or a logic analyzer? When you have one set of signals that work and another set that don't, the most useful thing you can do is compare them to see what's different.

s4lim

Post by s4lim »

nope I didn't try the oscilloscope BCS it's so weird what happening to me
16 Servo motors connected to PCA9685 and getting orders from Arduino directly works perfectly while the same diagram and 0 change except getting the orders from processing by Serial communication the problem happening, I hope you get me

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Check the control signal voltage coming out from the PCA9685's PWM pins, and compare that to the voltage powering the servo motors.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Arduino products from Adafruit”