SAMD M0 QTPY uploading bin file from linux(RPI) command line

Adafruit's tiny microcontroller platform. Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
mgirton

SAMD M0 QTPY uploading bin file from linux(RPI) command line

Post by mgirton »

I have some sketches done in the Arduino IDE (1.8.19) that I would like to be able to "mass" produce onto the SAMD QTPY. We have done this in the past on ATMEGA 328P products, Teensy 3.2 and Teensy 4.0 by exporting the compiled binary. We found many examples on the web on how to do this.
I cant seem to find any answers on how to accomplish this on the SAMD QTpy.
In addition, on occasion, the complier throws errors if the SAMD QTpy is not connected when I attempt export the compiled binary file.
Any help on this would be appreciated

adafruit_support_carter

Re: SAMD M0 QTPY uploading bin file from linux(RPI) command line

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

Are you trying to do this via the bootloader?

Or are you wanting to low level program the SAMD directly?

mgirton

Post by mgirton »

We don't have the Arduino IDE on the Tester/Programmer Raspberry Pi based system we made for our PCB manufacturer to use when building our PCB's. this Tester/Programmer loads the firmware into the devices. It runs the Teensy loader (CLI) for the Teensey 4.0 based devices, and uses an Adafruit USBTiny for a number of different PCB's that use ATMEGA328P's. The programmer/Tester guides an operator thru a process that has them scan a bar code, which tells the RPi what program ( and the operator what cable) to use for programming that specific device.
The RPi in the Tester/programmer then does things essentially via a command line to load our firmware into the devices.

We are now ready to manufacture a new device that uses the SAMD QTPy, and we want to do the same thing. A command line in a terminal window in the RPi that can take prepared bin/elf files as necessary, and load them into the SAMD QTPy. Again, similar to the Teensy CLI, or the Arduino USBTiny.
This way we only have to provide the PCB manufacturer the complied firmware, not source code.
I hope this clears up my question.

adafruit_support_carter

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

Still not sure, but generally sounds like this is via the bootloader.

Try via the bossac command line tool:
https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-fea ... ne-2929769

mgirton

Post by mgirton »

Thanks, Our Linux developer should be able to use Bossac to upload the Arduino IDE generated bin file.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Trinket ATTiny, Trinket M0”